2021 has been quite a ride. Our lean but efficient team has done great work and accomplished a stunning amount. For Thanksgiving, I was grateful for all that they do.
What we’re building here at Interplay is admittedly ambitious - it’s a daunting task. Our mission is to accelerate humankind's potential by streamlining the journey of the entrepreneur. To do so, we’re building an ecosystem to help ideas scale. This ecosystem includes a wide array of offerings for startups, founders, and investors at every step of the innovation journey.
The Interplay ecosystem includes:
- VC: A traditional venture capital firm that invests in early-stage tech companies.
- Incubator: An incubator that provides one-on-one mentorship from our partners to help early-stage companies build a strong foundation.
- Services: Core operating business solutions via the 8 service companies we built over the past decade and still actively help run.
- Family Office: A family office for entrepreneurs who made it to through the startup gauntlet and investors looking to increase their exposure to innovation.
- Content: Content in the form of a podcast, blog, and newsletter that offer insights into the world of startups and venture capital.
- Communities: Over a dozen communities that help entrepreneurs and VCs connect with like-minded people and build their professional network.
The roadmap includes more, which brings me back to the earlier point - it's an ambitious plan. But just like marathon runners, all entrepreneurs can do when they're building something is to put one foot in front of the other. If you focus on executing one step at a time you’ll keep making progress.
This past year, we got a few miles closer to the finish line. Here are a few highlights:
- 15+ new investments
- Fund II final close
- 2.6% acceptance rate
- Average of 100+ hours of partner time per company in the program
- 50% of companies accepted have female founders
- Interplay Family Office officially launched
- 15 Funds Invested In
Services & Foundry Companies
- 100+ new hires
- 1,200+ new members
- 40 Episodes Released
- 1,500+ hours of content consumed
- Interplay Blog officially launched
- 50% increase in partnerships for Portfolio companies
- Nicole Padilla became Head of Operations & Platform
- Cole Rotman became Principal
- Mark Zerlang joined as Family Office Partner
- Ray Koh joined as Associate General Counsel
On behalf of Interplay, we wish you all the very best and look forward to innovating with you in the future.
P.S. To stay in the know and/or get in touch, feel free to click any of the links in the footer:
- Engage: This is a one-stop-shop for all of the ecosystem’s offerings. Apply to Interplay Ventures and Interplay Incubator and/or learn more about and get in touch with our service companies
- Join: If you’re interested in joining the team, feel free to apply! This will also put you on the general Interplay radar by adding you to a database we track and keep in mind for opportunities with our portfolio companies.
- Subscribe: This will sign you up for our newsletter and keep you in the know.